Alison Fielden & Co. - Work with us
Have you got what it takes to make life less complicated?
We're looking for talented, friendly people who are serious about helping our clients.
We're committed to investing in our staff, offering competitive salaries, positive working conditions and ongoing professional development opportunities.
If you're interested in any of these jobs, or would like to register with us for the future, please get in touch.
We encourage a 'can do' attitude and your progression in the firm is entirely within your control. We believe passionately in a meritocracy and rewarding good performance. We recognise that a large percentage of your adult life is spent at work and, in that regard, the environment you work in should be inspiring and rewarding.
Our business is very much a 'people business' and it is good people that make the difference. We have an open and focused approach to work. We encourage all members of staff to take ownership in the development of the firm and to contribute to its success. The firm is continually improving and developing, embracing new technologies and working practices. We are only interested in highly motivated staff who are passionate about doing a good job and who want to work somewhere where they are appreciated for doing just that.
- Pleasant modern offices
- Friendly team to work with
- Salary at the going rate
If you would like the opportunity to be a part of our friendly, innovative small company, be sure to check back to this page regularly for our vacancies.
Legal Secretary / PA
The Fee Earner's Secretary/PA is required to carry out all secretartial and PA duties for the Fee Earner. Specifically in the areas of law undertaken by the Fee Earner and in administrative files. He/she will need to have good/excellent typing, word processing and computer skills, good and relevant previous experience as a legal secretary/PA and an ability to cope with high volumes of work when necessary. He/she will need to be able to deputise for the Fee Earner and work unsupervised in the Fee Earner's absence and attend on clients when necessary, but will not be required to take responsibility for tasks which require professional legal training.
He/she will be directly responsible to the Fee Earner.
Specific tasks include the following:
- Typing letters and documents
- Preparing copies as necessary
- Maintaining file systems
- Matching files to post
- Attending clients
- Maintaining diary
- Making necessary telephone calls
- Some reception duties
- Liaison with fee earners, Accounts department and administration staff
- Answering telephone 2/3 when necessary
- Deputising for fee earner when necessary
- File Opening
- Maintaining Quill database of clients
- Maintaining central anti-money-laundering ID records
- Organising diary to support fee earner
- Synchronising paper and electronic diaries
- Other secretarial tasks to support fee earner
- When time permits secretarial assistance to other departments at busy periods or holidays
- Attend office meetings as required
- Observe procedures in Office Manual
Please apply in writing with your CV to:
Alison Fielden, The Gatehouse, Dollar Street, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 2AN
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications 17 May 2019